4 doctors weighed in:

Any danger using or touching hair dye often?

4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
3 doctors agree

In brief: Yes, most dyes TOXIC

This is a great question.
Few people (including doctors) realize how toxic most hair dyes are. Hair dyes can cause asthma & allergic reactions and are associated with increased risk of certain cancers (like non-hodgkin's lymphoma) & primary biliary cirrhosis, a lethal condition. However, not all dyes are equally toxic- there are safe alternatives like henna. See www.Squidoo.Com/hairdyedangers.

In brief: Yes, most dyes TOXIC

This is a great question.
Few people (including doctors) realize how toxic most hair dyes are. Hair dyes can cause asthma & allergic reactions and are associated with increased risk of certain cancers (like non-hodgkin's lymphoma) & primary biliary cirrhosis, a lethal condition. However, not all dyes are equally toxic- there are safe alternatives like henna. See www.Squidoo.Com/hairdyedangers.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
23 years in practice
171K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors