Can you please recommend some tips to treating Bulimia?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Psychiatrist

Make an appointment with a psychiatrist with experience in treating eating disorders.
Also, see a local medical doctor/general practioner for a check up and laboratory evaluation. Also, try and locate a dietician to help you with a proper balanced diet. Good luck.

In brief: Psychiatrist

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Psychologists/psychoanalysts treat eating disorders, not psychiatrists, who focus on medial management or on other symptoms such as depression. Dieticians can be effective LATER in treatment after the underlying emotions and conflicts that lead to bulimia have been identified/processed. Bulimia is a physical of psychological conflict. Focusing on food focuses on the symptom, not the true problem.
Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: Bulimia

Get professional help.
Good to start with your pcp to make sure there are no medical reasons for food cravings. Find a doctor, therapist or program geared to treating bulimia. See: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/eating-disorders/eating-disorder-treatment-and-recovery.htm#help I hope this helps.

In brief: Bulimia

Get professional help.
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
As an eating disorders specialist, I find that seeking a dietitian can be effective LATER in treatment after the underlying emotions and conflicts that lead to bulimia have been identified/processed. Food cravings do not lead to bulimia; it is a physical expression of psychological conflict. Focusing on food focuses on the symptom, not the true problem. Medical help is necessary to ensure safey
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: CFGF diet

Dr. James Greenblatt wrote a book worth reading " answers to appetite issues"-or something very similar. He suggests that the basis is the absent enzyme DPPIV that leads to maldigestion an the production of caseomorphs and other proteins that actually result in cravings -avoidance of casein and gluten will alleviate that -will take several months for full effect to be notable

In brief: CFGF diet

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Bulimia is a behavioral attempt to resolve a psychological problem, and is not biological in nature. Please see a psychologist or psychoanalyst to address the underlying issues that lead to the behavior instead of focusing on food.
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy!

Bulimia is way of resolving internal conflicts.
People think they're doing it to lose weight, but bulimia numbs and/or distract from discomfort. To stop, you must seek treatment to identify what's eating "at" you instead of focusing on what you're eating, and find new ways to respond to yourself. As with all eating disorders, you can definitely recover and have a healthy relationship to

In brief: Therapy!

Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Dr. Edward Kuhnley
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: B-U-L-I-M-I-A Tip

(B) Believe in and value yourself and your body (U) Undo destructive thoughts and behaviors (L) Love and accept yourself (I) Identify your strengths to overcome weaknesses (M) Make healthy life habits stronger (I) Interact with others without shame (A) Access a good therapist and program.

In brief: B-U-L-I-M-I-A Tip

Dr. Edward Kuhnley
Dr. Edward Kuhnley
Dr. Jane Van Dis