Can trauma induced carpal tunnel (kicked on wrist, never any swelling) go away on its own? Creeping burn when flex or stretch, week after incident.

Dr. Randy Hauck
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Likely

Depends on the magnitude of the injury and the state of the nerve prior to injury.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by swelling in the tunnel putting pressure on the nerve in the tunnel. If whatever is causing the swelling goes away, the symptoms do as well if the nerve is not very damaged.

In brief: Likely

Dr. Randy Hauck
Dr. Randy Hauck
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: More likely

I'd say that it's more likely to calm down than the chronic version related to repetitive activity.
Hopefully if it is related to one injury it will gradually improve as the inflammation in the nerve calms down. If it doesn't, I'd get an ncv study to further evaluate.

In brief: More likely

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Eric Weisman