I have dry skin. Can I wash it if really dirty or sweaty?

DRY SKIN. Yes. Do wash it with a gentle soap. A soap with a moisturizer in it. Dove and tone are good soaps. Cetaphil and aveeno (oatmeal) soaps are gentle. (i have no financial in any of these!) after washing, use a moisturizing cream or lotion.
Yes. Avoid lengthy showers w hot water (warm is better). Oil-based moisturizers hydrate skin. Moisturize skin often. Hydrate well – especially w water. Eat a nutritious diet. Use gentle soaps or cleansers that are unscented & hypoallergenic. Avoid deodorant soaps or other harsh soaps. Remember that you don’t have to wash entire body w soap every day. Use soap on areas that are dirty or where body.