Can regular doc drain abscess in roof of mouth?

In rural areas, most. Of the generalists have more experience with stuff like this, but honestly it's much better if there is any question about involvement of other structures in the head, an ENT doc or maxillofacial surgeon or dentist is a better choice. They have specialized training in surgical care and diseases that affect this region. You will get better care, as the DDS or ENT have the proper equipment for this.
Depends. I would prefer oral surgeon but could see an emergency room doctor if unavailable.