I would like to talk about height issues. I'm 16 years old and I'm short heighted. Half my siblings are tall and half are short. Can I grow?

In brief: Depends

Most women finish growing taller at 16-17 or within 2 years of first menses.
The hormones that control puberty trigger a growth spurt followed by a message to growth centers to finish.Once the growth centers close you are done.A single x-ray of your wrist/hand could be examined for growth centers.If open you could grow taller,if closed you are done.A balanced diet/proper rest and exercise help.

In brief: Depends

In brief: It depends on a few

factors. The first is when or if you have started menstruating (your period).
Most girls grow for about 2 years after they start their period, but that is not a large amount. The biggest growth spurt is generally the year before the period starts. So...if you haven't started menstruating, the answer is "yes." If it's been more than 2 years, sorry, it's not likely. Boys are not as easy to predict.

In brief: It depends on a few

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Jonathan Jassey