Why am I scorned if I tell my kids to save themselves for marriage?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Sex
Probably because sex before marriage is quite common in today's culture and those who remain celibate until marriage are now in the minority.
Listen to your children and try to understand their perspective, you don't have to agree but you don't have to argue either. Best.

In brief: Sex
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Pathology
In brief: Be an example
Part of being a parent is letting your children go, make their own mistakes, and being there for them if they fail.
Many, probably most, americans admire tim tebow's plan for a white wedding. But this is no longer the norm, your children know this, and right or wrong, your overall effectiveness as a parent rests on your teaching by example & the joy you take in living well rather than by precept.

In brief: Be an example
Dr. Jonathan Jassey