Why does diagnosis of sleep apnea exclude diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Especially in cases where CPAP fails to remit daytime sleepiness and lassitude,

It doesn't but. Since sleep apnea alone is associated with fatigue, one needs to make sure that this is treated adequately. However, having one condition does not preclude one from having another.
Sleep apnea. You ask a tough question. It seems you are not responding well to CPAP and are not sleeping all that well. I would start by going back soon to the pulmonologist and let him/her know what is not working well for you. Things may not happen overnight but the team will work diligently with you so that things come in to order. Please let me know how things work out.