How to extend the life of contact lenses for good care?

Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology

In brief: Blindness risk

Wearing contact lenses increases the risk of keratitis, therefore blindness.
Using them improperly is asking for trouble. For these reasons, I do not advice my patients to wear contacts. Lasik is a safer alternative but should be considered with extreme caution because it is an elective surgery. I am an eye surgeon, i wear glasses, like most eye surgeons. The fda website is informative.

In brief: Blindness risk

Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Michael Carson

In brief: Proper Cleaning

There are many different kinds of contacts, but the best way to avoid problems is to a) clean them as directed with the proper solution b) change them as often as your doctor instructs and c) do not sleep in them. Sleeping with contacts increases the risk of severe eye infections and/or irritation.

In brief: Proper Cleaning

Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Steven Seres