Is diarrhea/soft stools a normal symptom of ovulation? This is a new symptom for me as of June this year. I normally have cramping, but this is new.

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam

In brief: Pelvic congestion?

When nearby organs close to the female genital organs -uterus,ovary and tubes, get reflex congestion when the internal genital organs are congested at the time of ovulation, around menstruation etc, due to temporary increase in the vascularity of intestines, soft stools is possible, even diarrhea is possible.
No need to be worried unless you have fever, mucus in stool, significant abd. pain. .

In brief: Pelvic congestion?

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: May not be related

It may or may not be related.
I would get it checked out by your physician to make sure you don't have some type of intestinal inflammation or infection. The stools can be checked for blood, parasites, and infection. It could be irritable bowel syndrome but this is what your physician will find when he or she checks it out.

In brief: May not be related

It may or may not be related.
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine