Im on androgel 6 years ago can i start Clomid (clomiphene) for couple months before i stop androgel to restore function my own testosterone?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Theoretically, yes

Clomiphene in men increases FSH, LH and testosterone, but I wonder if the testosterone effect would be blunted by 6 years of hormone replacement treatments, maybe the negative feedback is detrimental? Consult your endocrinologist for the definitive answer, but this might just work !!

In brief: Theoretically, yes

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Discuss with your dr

This is best discussed with your original doctor who prescribed the Clomid/ Androgel protocol or sequence that s/he has in mind for you.
It's not often seen or treated here on the virtual platform. You will get great answers from the docs who might know more on the Concierge side of HealthTap to get exactly what you need answered now with a doctor in your state. Good luck!

In brief: Discuss with your dr

Dr. John Biery

In brief: Clomid (clomiphene)

If you have been on Androgel for 6 years your ability to make testosterone is going to be hard.
If you take them both together it will be even more difficult I think. I would use the Clomid (clomiphene) without the additional testosterone so you get the full effect of the clomid (clomiphene) but you should take the Clomid (clomiphene) however the way it is prescribed

In brief: Clomid (clomiphene)

Dr. Jane Van Dis