If I have gdm, will my baby be diabetic in his life?

Probably not. You can lower your baby's risk by carefully controlling your blood sugars while you are pregnant and by breastfeeding. Breastfeeding also lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes later in life.
Isn't to begin with. GDM just means your glucose control is impaired.You are not making enough insulin to keep it in line. Your fetus/newborn makes it's own insulin. It may actually have low blood sugar after birth because you sent so much glucose across the placenta. It has a fractional lifetime risk of ever becoming diabetic.It is not born diabetic.
Not necessarily. Gdm is diabetes brought on by pregnancy and does not mean your baby will have diabetes.