C5-6, C6-7 spondylosis, bone spur. Conservative treatments for 2 years. No relief. Daily neck n shoulder pain. No weakness. Surgery only option?

Dr. Joshua Rovner
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Neck pain

Before surgery you can try pain management treatments such as epidural steroid injection's or facet injections.
If these don't help and you're still in a lot of pain surgery is a very good option which can solve the problem permanently.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Joshua Rovner
Dr. Joshua Rovner
Dr. Thomas Henderson
Ophthalmology

In brief: Applied kinesiologis

Personally, I had a very similar problem 15 years ago, that because of weakness of my left hand, threatened my career as a surgeon.
After trying every conservative option, I chose to try applied kinesiology type chiropractic, which through it's method of physical examination, allow the chiropractor to learn what isn't working and then to do what the body needs in the correct order to heal.

In brief: Applied kinesiologis

Dr. Thomas Henderson
Dr. Thomas Henderson
Dr. William Lages
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Two non-surgical

Assuming conservative means medications, physical therapy with modalities, meditation, etc.
, a visit to a pain clinic is warranted to discuss facet injection and radiofrequency ablation to name several options.

In brief: Two non-surgical

Dr. William Lages
Dr. William Lages
Dr. Michael Stephenson
Pain Management

In brief: Neck pain

Not sure what your MRI shows and what you mean by conservative treatment.
Need more details to give you advice on this matter. Generally speaking surgery becomes an option either when functional problems are occurring or the pain is so bad it is intolerable after all attempts at medical means have failed.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Michael Stephenson
Dr. Michael Stephenson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine