Woke with pain, tightness in heel. Walked yesterday more than I have in a year. Cause? Cure?

In brief: Over Use

You may have created an overuse syndrome or plantar fasciitis.
Try using ice and an anti-inflamatory to ease the pain and swelling.

In brief: Over Use

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Over use injury

Plantar fasciitis is the most likely problem. This is a classic over use problem of the heel.
I agree with dr beresh that icing and anti inflammatory meds are helpful. In addition: light streching during the day, good shoes and supports at all times (no barefoot), no weight bearing fitness activity until 90%+ better and limit standing walking as much as possible. Dr l.

In brief: Over use injury

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Peter Kurzweil