If I've been drinking alcohol tonight and had my last drink 2hours ago can I take ibuprofen?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Yes, you can

It is generally safe to take ibuprofen and drink alcohol, however, it is recommended that you limit your alcohol quantity.

In brief: Yes, you can

Dr. Eric Chevlen
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Yes.

Yes.

In brief: Yes.

Yes.
Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Shouldn't mix

Ibuprofen is not suggested during an alcoholic consumption since it can decrease renal blood flow and make the dehydration caused by alcohol worse, but if you are readily drinking water, I see no problem asing as you follow dosage and time interval directions on the bottle

In brief: Shouldn't mix

Dr. Georgia Latham

This is a good question! It is very dangerous to take a number of medications while drinking alcohol.
The biggest risk of taking Ibuprofen when you have been drinking is that of stomach bleeding. As long as you have not been drinking very heavily and do not have any stomach pain or discomfort or nausea and vomiting, it is probably okay to take ibuprofen. Do not take ibuprofen on an empty stomach.

In brief: Ibuprofen

I'm guessing you are worried about how the liver is affected by alcohol and whether the ibuprofen causes more problems.
Ibuprofen is "filtered" more by the kidneys (it's acetaminophen you really should worry about). Because you've had alcohol, your body might be dehydrated more than you think so increase your water intake, especially if you need to take ibuprofen.

In brief: Ibuprofen

Dr. Andrea Brand