I am breaking out again after a year of being acne free. Is it due to my face hair/beard getting more dense?

Pathology

In brief: Maybe

Congratulations on progressing from a boy to a man.
If what you're calling acne is primarily in your beard area, it may be infection (bacterial, yeast) around the new hairs. We'd treat this differently. If it's generalized, most likely it's the hormonal roller-coaster. Acne is easy to treat nowadays and you deserve to have the control you want.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: ACNE

The hair or beard causes irritation and sweating on the face.
The hair follicles gets infected, comedones appear so you will need antibiotic cream to apply like cleocint lotion, Erythromycin or perzagel and take oral antibiotic.

In brief: ACNE

Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero