I heard that if travelling east you should get on their time as soon as you get on the plane. Is that a good way to get off the plane ready to work?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Jet lag

One of the tricks to avoid jet lag is to get on your destinations time 'zone' as soon as you fly.
If heading east (e.g. Europe) a 'red eye fight' leaves late afternoon and you arrive the next morning. It is imperative that you get 'some' sleep on the plane in order to function the next day. I have prescibed sonata (zaleplon) (sleep aid) for those type of travelers.

In brief: Jet lag

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Eric Weisman