How do you accept a new stepmom when you love your mom and dad?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: You can still love

Your mom and dad, and their choices considered you, but are about them. Get to know your step-mom. I already know she's not perfect; she's not your mom. Your dad thought enough about her to marry her. Best to get to know her, give her a chance, she too is interested in working things out with you.
I speak as a step-dad for 5. Not an easy position for either party.

In brief: You can still love

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: It's tough

Talk to her and try to form a freindship.
Look for some common interests and set aside time to spend with her. If she is truely committed to your father, she will also try to bridge the gap as well.

In brief: It's tough

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia