Do people turn more to religion as they get old?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Common

As people age, they get to starting to thing abut the reality of their leaving this life.
A part of all religions is to address what happens next, usually in a comforting although sometimes threatening manner. Older folks facing this frequently gravitate to their religion to find satisfaction with the inevitable passing.

In brief: Common

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Chen
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Religion

In my experience, religion is one thing that people seek to give meaning to their life.
As a person ages, many will turn to religion as a way of adding a meaningful component. Religion also provides a built in social system.

In brief: Religion

Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Marsha Davis