What would make my jaw on left side ache and hurt when I open my mouth.I didn't hurt it.Ear hurts to on left alittle?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: TMJ

The temporomandibular joint can often get inflamed and hurt if you chew gum a lot, eat hard things like candies, ice, nuts, or you grind your teeth.
I usually recommend not to excessively open your mouth wide for a few days, avoid gum and hard things, take some Ibuprofen and see how things progress. Good luck!

In brief: TMJ

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: 3 common causes...

Of jaw pain include problems with the teeth (cavities), strain or inflammation of the TMJ (temporomandibular joint), or something going on with the ear. I recommend to my patients to try some Ibuprofen or tylenol (acetaminophen) first, avoid chewing things like nuts, ice, gum, and give it a day or two.
If there's fever, see a doctor that day or the next. .. Otherwise give it a few days. Good luck!

In brief: 3 common causes...

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Tmd or infection

A tooth abscess ANS infection can cause this also TMJ disorder.

In brief: Tmd or infection

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine