"why did CDC announce people born between 1945 and 1965 should be tested for hepatitis c? Was it due to risks taken by sizable numbers of boomers?

Dr. Arthur Sands
In brief: Blood exposure
Antibody testing for hep c was not developed until after its id in 1989 - many people who shared needles became infected as well as individuals who received transfusions from infected donors - blood is now checked closely for hep c and by 2000 this mode of transmission was eliminated - my father developed hep c from a transfusion during cardiac surgery - yes the boomers were in the midst of this!

In brief: Blood exposure
Dr. Arthur Sands
Dr. Arthur Sands
Dr. Gregory Hines
Due to the predominance of drug use in the 1960s.

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Adam Smith