Sometime when I sleep on my stomach my eyes swell what cause that?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Eye rubbing

This could be due to eye rubbing or allergens on your pillows.
Try ointment at night and frequent changing of your pillowcases.

In brief: Eye rubbing

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Michael Kermani
You may also be applying excessive force against the eyes during the night. Sometimes the head position can also cause the eyelids to not be closing completely which can then lead to painful drying of the eyes. Try to sleep more on your back or put the pillow back by your ear or away from your eyes. See your eye doctor is symptoms persist or worsen.
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Ophthalmology

In brief: Gravity

The skin of the eylids is very thin, and loosely adherent to the underlying tissues.
This makes it easy for fluid to acculumate in the skin of the lids, making the eyes look swollen. When you sleep face down, gravity will tend to make the small amount of excess fluid between the cells in your face fall to the skin of the lids. It usually will resolve when you assume a sitting or standing position.

In brief: Gravity

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Jeffrey Paul