My daughter had blood work done. I am scared out of my mind. High level in gfr, phosphatase alk, and bun/crea and low levels in cr-s and wbc. Please?

Dr. George Valdez
In brief: Prob normal
The higher GFR the better, that means the kidneys filter very well.
Alk phos is supposed to be high in a growing child whose bones are changing. Low bun/crea is a good healthy thing as well. Low WBC is usually fine, not sure what cr-s is...

In brief: Prob normal
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: LAB RESULT
Need more clinical data.
Sometimes in the absence of renal disease, the BUN and creatinine can be elevated due to dehydration before taking blood. In children the alkaline phosphatase is elevated due to growth. The low WBC means there is no sign of infection.

In brief: LAB RESULT
Need more clinical data.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: For Healthy Kids
Growing children have "hi" alk phos because of bone growth.
Peds references aren't always provided by labs. What is meant by hi gfr? It signifies kidney fxn. The lower the # the worse kidney fxn. Hi bun/cr may be dehydration, esp if cr isn't hi. Kids don't have much muscle compared to adults so cr will be lower. How low is wbc, what context? Diff done? In what context labs drawn? Speak w/doc too.

In brief: For Healthy Kids
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Jonathan Jassey