My baby has had a rash since two weeks old she is now drinking alimentum formula and still has a rash.Any sugestions?

Dr. George Valdez
In brief: Other causes
Can be environment exposure from a multitude of causes, can simply be dry skin.
Alimentum is very rarely necessary. I would speak to your pediatrician for ideas.

In brief: Other causes
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: Many possible rashes
Infants may develop rashes for a number of reasons.
One common cause is eczema, and this may persist during infancy and sometimes childhood. If you notice dry patchy areas, a moisturizer such as eucerin lotion may be applied several times per day to the affected areas. Your pediatrician will provide further follow up.

In brief: Many possible rashes
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
2 comments
Dr. Cynthia Archer
How long has your baby been on Alimentum? Are there other foods in the diet? How old is your baby and what is she wearing, sleeping in? What are you using to treat the rash? Any other symptoms such as diarrhea, colic or family history of allergy/atopy? Any allergic nasal drainage or a cough? Vomiting? All these would be useful historical elements. If your girl is falling off the growth curve
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Then it's time for allergy/immunology yo take a look.
Dr. Keith Ramsey
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine
In brief: Too many possible
There are too many rashes that it could be.
You will need to see a doctor to have it diagnosed and then you can get the correct treatment.

In brief: Too many possible
Dr. Keith Ramsey
Dr. Keith Ramsey
Dr. Adam Levy