I broke my foot 9 months ago and I still have some swelling and slight pain in my foot. Could there still be a problem or is that how my foot will be?

In brief: Fracture
This needs to be evaluated by a specialist with x-ray to assess healing of the fracture site.

In brief: Fracture
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
In brief: See a doctor
You may need an x-ray or MRI to determine if it is completely hraled.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: Get rechecked
Depending on where and how severe the break was, there may be some permanent damage, but even after the bone has healed, there are often more treatment options (meds, surgeries, exercises, devices) to reduce any residual pain or swelling.
First, go back to the doc who treated your broken foot. If still not satisfied, consider a second opinion from a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: Get rechecked
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine