I broke my foot 9 months ago and I still have some swelling and slight pain in my foot. Could there still be a problem or is that how my foot will be?

In brief: Fracture

This needs to be evaluated by a specialist with x-ray to assess healing of the fracture site.

In brief: Fracture

Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee

In brief: See a doctor

You may need an x-ray or MRI to determine if it is completely hraled.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Leto Quarles

In brief: Get rechecked

Depending on where and how severe the break was, there may be some permanent damage, but even after the bone has healed, there are often more treatment options (meds, surgeries, exercises, devices) to reduce any residual pain or swelling.
First, go back to the doc who treated your broken foot. If still not satisfied, consider a second opinion from a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: Get rechecked

Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine