1 doctor weighed in:

I think I overdosed on mineral oil; is it harmful?

1 doctor weighed in

In brief: See below:

Symptoms are due to mineral oil's laxative action and may include: abdominal pain; dehydration (from severe diarrhea);diarrhea;nausea & vomiting.
How well you do depends on the amount of poison swallowed and how quickly treatment is received. The faster you get medical help, the better the chance for recovery. Mineral oil is relatively nontoxic, and recovery is likely.

In brief: See below:

Symptoms are due to mineral oil's laxative action and may include: abdominal pain; dehydration (from severe diarrhea);diarrhea;nausea & vomiting.
How well you do depends on the amount of poison swallowed and how quickly treatment is received. The faster you get medical help, the better the chance for recovery. Mineral oil is relatively nontoxic, and recovery is likely.
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
23 years in practice
171K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors