4 doctors weighed in:

What was the problem with kwell (lindane) that worried people about getting too much of it?

4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Amster
Pediatrics
3 doctors agree

In brief: Neuro toxicity

Kwell (lindane) has a chemical in it that actually penetrates the scalp and works its way into the brain.
A little bit is probably not harmful, but if the concentration is too high, especially cumulatively, it can be a neurotoxin.

In brief: Neuro toxicity

Kwell (lindane) has a chemical in it that actually penetrates the scalp and works its way into the brain.
A little bit is probably not harmful, but if the concentration is too high, especially cumulatively, it can be a neurotoxin.
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Christopher Crosby
Board Certified, Dermatology
12 years in practice
93K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors