What is idiopathic intracranial hypertension (also known as pseudotumor cerebri)?

Pseudotumor. is caused by an imbalance of CSF production vs. resorption. The list of causes is lengthy. Low Vit A or iron, elevated Vit A, female gender, obesity or weight gain, tetracycline exposure, obstructive sleep apnea and endocrinologic disorders are contributory. The headaches are typically mild to moderate, diffuse and worsen with reclining. There may be blurring of vision or diplopia.
Psedotumor cerebri. PC is a disorder most commonly seen in woman and is a case of increased intracranial pressure of unknown etiology, thought in some cases can be related to medications. The symptoms are severe heacaches and in severe cases visual loss.