What type of birth control is the best?

None. There really is no best. each form has advantages and disadvantages. All are relatively similar in efficacy if used correctly. you need to identify what is best for your situation.
Abstinence. Abstinence is the only form of contraception that guarantees no pregnancy. In my pediatric career, I've seen more than one child born to a mom on every form of contraception, including after tubal ligation. However, if abstinence is not in your game plan, then you must speak with your personal doctor about what would be best for your individual needs. No two people have identical circumstances.