What should I do for a stone in the kidney?

Urologist . you need to see a urologist to evaluate whether the stone can be passed on its own or whether you need to undergo a procedure to have the stone removed. How do you know you have a stone? See your primary care doc for an initial evaluation and you can then be referred to a urologist if indicated. .