What is the treatment for von willebrand?

Several options. The medicines for stopping or preventing bleeding for patients with von willebrand's disease include DDAVP (desmopressin injection, and stymate nasal spray), Amicar (epsilon aminocaproic acid), tranexamic acid, and von willebrand's factor/factor viii concentrates). Which one one should choose depends on the severity of disease and severity of bleeding. It should be decided by a specialist.
It depends. The most common type of VWD is type 1, marked by a deficiency of vw factor. These patients often can be treated with a medicine called DDAVP (desmopressin) that will increase the level of vwf in their blood. It can be given either IV or intranasally. Patients with other types of VWD often need treatment with vwf concentrates to correct their deficiency. In either case, treatment is only required for bleeding.