What is the treatment for uterine prolapse?

Need urogynecologist. This problem generally involves the uterine wall which becomes weak (for example after multiple vaginal deliveries), and there is a dropping of the uterine wall beyond the vagina ( almost like turning a sleeve inside out). Usually, there are urination abnormalities invvolved--this is in realm of urology. Uterine problem--gynecology. Here, consider rx options from a uro-gynecology consultation.
Pessary or surgery. A pessary may be used to keep the uterus from prolapsing. However, pessaries need frequent doctor visits for cleaning, treatment of bad vaginal discharge, ulcerations. I prefer to fix the problem. A hysterectomy with vaginal voult suspension would be the proper procedure. I favor a laparoscopic approach, but it can also be done vaginaly.
Depends on expectati. Prolapse can be managed easily with pessaries for many people. Prolapse severity can be lessened with weight loss, smoking cessation, and pelvic floor exercises. However prolapse symptoms are often treated with surgery, some uterine preserving, for people with really severe problems and high expectations of activity levels that stress the pelvic floor.