What is a good treatment for ibs?

Dr.

In brief: Treat, or live with?

With no one clear treatment IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is an invitation to experience ourselves as complex organism in an ever adaptive close relationship with our environment.
A routine, time to sit and eat, to take note of how we feel, healthy food choices, modest amounts, awareness of foodstuffs that may trigger symptoms, perhaps low FODMAP? Check patient.info IBS for more information.

In brief: Treat, or live with?

Dr.
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Diet and fluids

I rarely prescribe meds for ibs.
In my experience teaching people to eat and drink properly resolves most if not all symptoms when the patient is compliant and follows through. Hi fiber, 80-100 ounces non caffeine, non alcoholic beverages each day, regular meal times, excercise. Consistency is the key to being symptom free.

In brief: Diet and fluids

I rarely prescribe meds for ibs.
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Antonino Mannone
I fully agree. In some circumstances I prescribe also anticholinergics to reduce the cramping pains when they interfere with daily life. Some benefit also frm a combination of anticholinergics and mil d sedative before dinner time.
Dr. William Forsythe