1 doctor weighed in:
What is the treatment for streptomycin overdose?
1 doctor weighed in

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: No direct treatment
If excessive amounts of streptomycin have been received, they will be excreted by the body and time will prevail.
If they created toxic damage, primarily to the vestibular division of the acoustic (8th) nerve or to the kidneys, only part of the damage is reversible.

In brief: No direct treatment
If excessive amounts of streptomycin have been received, they will be excreted by the body and time will prevail.
If they created toxic damage, primarily to the vestibular division of the acoustic (8th) nerve or to the kidneys, only part of the damage is reversible.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
23 years in practice
171K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors