What is the treatment for small cell lung cancer?

Small cell lung ca. In limited disease, tx would be combination chemo and radiation . In a very limited case, surgery can be done if size is very small, absolutely no spreading to any area/adjacent lymp glands etc. Prophylactic radiation to brain is recommended. In extensive disease, chemo will be the tx.Palliative radiation as needed. For chemo responder, prophylactic radiation to brain can increase survival. D/w md.
Depends on stage. For stage i and ii lung cancer, the standard of care upfront therapy is surgery. Chemotherapy afterwards if there is tumor in the lymph nodes. For stage iiia, upfront chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery or definitive chemoradiotherapy alone. For stage iiib or iv, chemotherapy +/- surgery, although there are exceptions to every rule. Cancer.Gov.
Chemo/Rad, occ. surg. If small and peripheral, lobectomy+ chemo. Otherwise chemotherapy often platinum based and radiation.
Limited Disease. Worked up, confined to chest): chemoradiotherapy, the earlier the better, followed by brain radiotherapy in all responders. For extensive disease, disease proven outside the chest: chemotherapy: brain radiotherapy to all responders, regardless of residual in chest.