What is the treatment for preterm birth?

Tocolysis <34 weeks. Preterm births account for ~12% of all us births and are disproportionately responsible for morbidity and mortality among infants. When possible, the preterm labor episodes are arrested by tocolytics - i.e. Medications that relax the uterus to prolong the pregnancy safely until fetal maturity or by 34 weeks. Tocolytics include magnesium, nifedipine, Indomethacin and atosiban.
Preventing preterm? I am not too sure what you are asking, but assume you want to know what can be done to prevent preterm delivery. 36--40 wks = normal. Before 36, = preterm. Depending on cause of of preterm labor, treatments may consist of bed rest, medications, frequent monitoring by OB doc. Some even get their cervix "sewed-up, " but it is not that effective. If u have signs of such, consult doc asap. Good luck.