How can I prepare my child for the arrival of a sibling?

Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Palliative Care

In brief: L

This is complex. I would refer you to the american academy of pediatrics website.
You can find much useful information there. www.aap.org.

In brief: L

Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Dr. Neeta Jain
Talk to your child about the new arrival into the family. Make them excited about what will happen when the new person comes.
Dr. Nanette Nuessle

In brief: Talk about it

Talk about the arrival of your newborn.
Get your older children involved in the planning. Talk about their role in raising the new baby, whether it be fetching diapers or laundry. Let them help stock the nursery. Even toddlers can put items in lower drawers and on shelves. This teaches responsibility and makes them feel like valuable members of the family.

In brief: Talk about it

Talk about the arrival of your newborn.
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Shontae Buffington