What is the treatment for narcissism?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Psychotherapy

Narcissim is a personality disorder, and personality disorders often are quire treatment resistant.
Medicataions seldom if ever help directly. First, the person has to recognize that there is a problem and then find someone able to identify the problem and look for ways of changing behavior. It's slow, difficult work requiring a skilled therapist.

In brief: Psychotherapy

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Andrew Berry
I would recommend psychoanalysis.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Narcissist

Therapy for narcissists is often arduous, painful for both patient and therapist, as the narcissist is eventually brought to a place of what is known as profound narcissistic injury, which is the beginning of his poor self esteem that the narcissism resolutely defends against.
I would opt for psychoanalysis.

In brief: Narcissist

I would opt for psychoanalysis.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Steven Seres