What is the treatment for lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) overdose?

Lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) overdose. Lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) is a weak opiate which could, in a worse case scenario. Kill you in an overdose. The patient should go immediately to an emergency room via ambulance where they have airway management and resuscitation capability to be evaluated.

Related Questions

What is the definition or description of: Lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) overdose?

Lomotil overdose. Early overdose symptoms may include dry skin, dry mouth or nose, blurred vision, restless feeling, feeling too warm or cold, tingly feeling, and a fast heart rate. Progressing symptoms of an atropine and diphenoxylate overdose include weakness, pinpoint pupils in the eyes, weak or shallow breathing, fainting, or coma. Ref: http://www.rxlist.com/lomotil-drug/patient-avoid-while-taking.htm. Read more...

What are health problems caused by a lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) overdose?

Lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) overdose. Lomotil (diphenoxylat and atropine) is an opiate and as such can cause nausea, vomiting, itching, constipation, sleepiness, and respiratory arrest resulting in death in an overdose situation. Treatment is immediate transport to an er via ambulance with airway support and resuscitation capability. Read more...