How can I encourage my baby to stand up?

Dr. Nanette Nuessle
In brief: Be patient
Babies will stand when they are ready.
This is partly due to reaching all the developmental milestones that come before standing, and partly due to personality. Some children (and parents) have a personality that is always ready for the next step, 2 steps early. Other children will wait and bide their time for everything. As long as your child walks by 18 months of age, all is good.

In brief: Be patient
Babies will stand when they are ready.
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Developmental stage
Babies will begin to pull them to a stand at about 9 -12 months.
If you want to encourage standing, put colorful objects and things you baby likes on a chair seat. If you child is ready to pull to stand, this should encourage reaching and standing.

In brief: Developmental stage
Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer