I took about 8 pills of Tylenol (acetaminophen) over the last 24 hours (each capsule has 325 mg Acetaminophen), do I have to worry about liver damage?

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: No

As long as baseline liver function is normal and not taking other interacting medications or substances should be okay.
Discuss better curative and treatment options with your doctor as long term use can lead to adverse effect.

In brief: No

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Le Wang

In brief: Not really

Study shows that minimum toxic dose of tylenol (acetaminophen) that pose significant risk of liver damge is 7.
5 -10g for single dose in adult. Prescription recommendation is not to exceed 10 pills over 24hrs. Thus, you should be OK. However, mindful that individual differs, I do not recommend long-term use of tylenol (acetaminophen) like that. Do not exceed 1g in 4 hrs or combine with alcohol. Check liver enzyme if symptoms.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Le Wang
Dr. Le Wang
Dr. Erin Robertson
General Practice

In brief: You're OK

Presuming you have no underlying liver disease & don't drink alcohol more than is advised, the max acetaminophen dosage permitted is 3000mg/24 hrs.
The FDA just dropped it from 4000mg/day. You only have taken 2,600mg. Remember it's mixed in with other drugs like Tylenol PM & Percocet so that counts to your max limit too. I personally think it is good only for fevers. Useless for pain reduction IMO

In brief: You're OK

Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Jeffrey Levine

In brief: No

The maximum recommended dose of Acetaminophen for adults within a 24hr period is 3 grams (3000mg), reduced from 4 grams a few years ago, due to concerns about liver damage.
You took 2600mg over 24 hr period, so you should be fine. Never take more than recommended amount of medication, unless instructed to do so my your clinician. Take Care!

In brief: No

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Steven Seres