How long should I wear a air cast for two bone chip fractures foot/ ankle?

As your doctor says. We don't know the size of the chips or the extent of your injury. Sometimes damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles can be more serious than small chips. Your doc knows the answer or will refer to an orthopedist or a podiatrist if needed. Without knowing that, we can't give you a very accurate answer, but it could take 4-6 weeks or more to heal..
Varies. It varies based upon a more complete description of your injury. I would not hesitate to follow up with your doctor to discuss the specifics of your case.