Levlen (ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel) birth control gave me suicidal thoughts, thrush (first time), no libido. Is Norimin better?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Side Efects

If your side effects were definitely due to the BC, than any other BC with a different type of hormonal combination etc.
would be a better alternative. With your all your symptoms I would question whether they aware all indeed due to the BC. Be sure to follow-up with your Dr. and get assessed and possibly treated for an underlying depression that was brought out by the situation. Best wishes.

In brief: Side Efects

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine