I am not sure about the cause of hepatomegaly in dengue fever, I would like you describe more, please! thank too much?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Hepatomegaly

Hepatic dysfunction is a well recognized feature of dengue infections, often demonstrated by hepatomegaly and mild-to-moderate increases in transaminase levels although jaundice and acute liver failure are generally uncommon.
Debate continues as to whether dengue associated hepatic dysfunction indicates a direct viral effect, arises secondary to an aggressive host immune response to the virus, or reflects a complex interaction of these two mechanisms.

In brief: Hepatomegaly

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery