What is the treatment for gambling addiction?

Pathology

In brief: I'm glad you asked

There are a variety of cognitive and medication-based treatments.
Of all the addictions, this is the one most likely to lead to suicide. Think of those who you love, and who love you. You are CERTAIN to lose this if the behavior continues. Let this give you the strength to go along with treatment.

In brief: I'm glad you asked

Dr. Mark Shukhman
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Tricky

One of the methods that I use is to block your Dopamine receptors prior to the thrill of gambling.
Eventually, it will extinguish the behavior. I found that the most difficult part is to explain to the spouse that the patient has to go "gamble for treatment." the behavior, if not enforced, will extinguish.

In brief: Tricky

Dr. Mark Shukhman
Dr. Mark Shukhman