My 5 year old has been diagnosed with Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Red bumps and swelling but today purple bruising on the feet. Is bruising normal?

Hfm disease. The bruising may be due your child scratching at the lesions.
Bruised feet. Maybe something else. HFM disease typically has white or clear blisters. Bruising suggests something else. See your doctor again. It maybe HSP (Henock schonlien purpura) which causes bruising of the legs. This condition lasts a few weeks and affects the kidneys and intestine as well. The key is the distribution of the rash. Legs only is HSP! .