How are my eye sight affected by diabetes type 2?

Depends. If you are lucky maybe not at all. You should have your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist(who knows you are diabetic) yearly.If you start to develop a problem on your retina your ophthalmologist will find it before you notice it and will recommend treatment when necessary(not usually in the beginning).Laser treatments are highly effective. If you get high blood sugar you may see blurring.
Sometimes. Diabetes can cause weakness of blood vessels in the back of the eye leading to occlusion, leakage and a risk of losing vision. You should keep you hbac1 below 6.5 if at all possible (work with your diabetes doctor). Acute elevations of blood sugar (about 600-800 )can disturb the focus and even cause reversible lens clouding. Diabetes is a major cause of vision loss.