11 weeks after retinal reattachment (gas bubble +new lens) whai's the whirling transparent 'fan' I sometimes see in lhe centre of my field of vision?

Dr. David Chandler
Ophthalmology

In brief: May be normal postop

You might want to consult your retinal surgeon on this, but I have had patients with very similar symptoms after retinal detachment surgery, and sometimes after retinal laser surgery.
It is probably a false image created by an area of the treated retina. Usually it resolves on its own with time. Again, every case is different, so ask the retinal specialist if you need to be examined.

In brief: May be normal postop

Dr. David Chandler
Dr. David Chandler
Dr. Pierre Guibor
Ophthalmology

In brief: Floaters?

Vitreous condensations or floaters my be present for some time following retinal detachment surgery.
Only way to really evaluate is to speak directly with your retinal surgeon.

In brief: Floaters?

Dr. Pierre Guibor
Dr. Pierre Guibor
Dr. William Forsythe