2 doctors weighed in:

What is the treatment for Diamox (acetazolamide) overdose?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Travel Medicine
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Fluids and Time

Diamox (acetazolamide) is passed unchanged by the kidneys in about 18 hours.
It causes dehydration and often a drop in potassium. There is no antidote. It can alter the acid/ base state of the body and a serious poisoning may need hospitalization. If you mean side effects like tingling, drowsiness, vision changes--they will subside on their own over the course of 24 hours.

In brief: Fluids and Time

Diamox (acetazolamide) is passed unchanged by the kidneys in about 18 hours.
It causes dehydration and often a drop in potassium. There is no antidote. It can alter the acid/ base state of the body and a serious poisoning may need hospitalization. If you mean side effects like tingling, drowsiness, vision changes--they will subside on their own over the course of 24 hours.
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
23 years in practice
171K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors