3 doctors weighed in:
What is the treatment for cephalexin overdose?
3 doctors weighed in

Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics
2 doctors agree
In brief: Not considered toxic
Like many foreign proteins we ingest this antibiotic is essentially nontoxic.
In large quantities it can certainly cause gastrointestinal problems by killing off normal beneficial bacteria but these can be replaced in short order with probiotics.

In brief: Not considered toxic
Like many foreign proteins we ingest this antibiotic is essentially nontoxic.
In large quantities it can certainly cause gastrointestinal problems by killing off normal beneficial bacteria but these can be replaced in short order with probiotics.
Dr. James Ferguson
Dr. James Ferguson
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
23 years in practice
171K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors